Niagara College’s Research & Innovation division is currently offering small- and medium-sized businesses (SMEs) a way to advance their product development, improve their performance or take an innovative leap forward, thanks to government funding from various sources, and service opportunities available with our Innovation Centres.
We can help solve your innovation challenges related to technology adoption, in the sectors of:
- • advanced manufacturing
- • food and beverage
- • agriculture/greenhouse and environmental technologies
- • business & commercialization
The Niagara College team of expert faculty, students and researchers from our Innovation Centres will work with businesses to access resources to address technology and innovation challenges. As a result of this partnership opportunity, industry partners will:
- • develop new prototypes, products, processes
- • explore shelf-life extension
- • enhance greenhouse operations
- • test results that validate their products and services
- • advance horticultural practices
- • improve manufacturing production process
- • bring their products closer to market
- • gain market research, marketing plans and/or social media plans
In some cases, where government funding is involved, companies accessing these resources at Niagara College will be required to match those funds, at least 1:1, with a combination of cash and in-kind. In some cases, there is the possibility of fee for service opportunities, usually involving a short turn-around in a project outcome, but where the cost of the project is borne entirely by the industry partner.
In all cases, the intellectual property developed during the project belongs to the industry partner.
For more information, visit our Centres, linked below:
- • Agriculture & Environmental Technologies Innovation
- • Canadian Food & Wine Institute Innovation Centre
- • Walker Advanced Manufacturing Innovation Centre
- • Business & Commercialization Solutions
When you are ready for a conversation on next steps, please reach out to Elizabeth Best, Business Development Coordinator, at [email protected].
*Updated messages to Niagara College’s response to COVID-19 can always be found on the NC homepage.