Industry Advisory Committee
The Walker Advanced Manufacturing Innovation Centre has an industry advisory committee (IAC) that has been in existence for four years, since our Technology Access Centre (TAC) was established.
The committee, which meets four times a year, operates as a requirement from the TAC funder, the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC), reviewing the activities of WAMIC. The IAC oversees proper planning, allocation of resources, effective progress towards centre objectives, financial control, and interaction among all the participants, as well as periodic examination and adjustment of goals, priorities, time frames and milestones.
Goals of the IAC:
- Responsibility for ensuring sound organizational structure and clear lines of accountability (management, business direction, and fiscal responsibility)
- Provide accountability to NSERC, to contributing partners and to clients of the centre
- Periodic evaluation of progress toward TAC objectives, adjustment of goals, priorities, timeframes and milestones
- Board must be aware and approve any major reallocations of funds and budgetary changes (20% or more of a budget item)
- Provide strategic advice to TAC
2018-19 INDUSTRY ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEMBERS
Executive Director, Canada BW Logistic
Economic Development Officer, City of St. Catharines
Senior Manager, Composite Manufacturing – Airbus Helicopters
Director of Operations, Stolk Construction
General Manager, Economic Development Town of Fort Erie
President, Tradewood Windows and Doors Inc.
Vice President Operations, The Book Depot
Senior Business Analyst, Innovate Niagara
CAO, City of Welland
Manager, Economic Research & Analysis, Niagara Region Economic Development
Global Materials Manager, GE
Project Engineer, Arterra Wines Canada
Senior Product Manager, NRB Inc.
Terry Mactaggart (advisor/non-voting)
President and CEO, Ultimate Kiosk
Leigh Cutler (advisor/non-voting)
President, GGS Structures
We thank the Industry Advisory Committee members for sharing their time, talent, and industry expertise with us as we shape the future direction of the Technology Access Centre at the Walker Advanced Manufacturing Innovation Centre.