As we approach the end of another incredible year filled with continued innovation, it’s the perfect time to reflect on our collective achievements and express gratitude for the dedication each one of you brings to Research & Innovation at Niagara College (NC).
Each project, each partnership, and each idea are a testament to the incredible talent that defines our team. In our 2022-23 Annual Report, we shared that R&I leveraged $45,130,913 in funding from a variety of sources to accomplish many great things for our ecosystem. We worked with 181 unique industry and community partners on a total of 276 projects and services.
Throughout the year, the relentless pursuit of knowledge and innovation has not only propelled our division forward but has also contributed to the growth and success of our entire organization – as was made clear in the announcement of NC reaching the No. 1 spot as the top research college in Canada. The passion and commitment you bring to your work inspires us all and reinforces our belief in the power of research and creating solutions for industry.
Some highlights from the past year include:
- • Niagara College hitting the No. 1 spot as the top research college across Canada
- • Breaking ground on a new, state-of-the-art greenhouse at the Daniel J. Patterson Campus in Niagara-on-the-Lake that will become the new home to the Horticultural & Environmental Sciences Innovation Centre
- • The Food & Beverage Innovation Centre receiving funding support of up to $50,000 to help businesses develop and market beverages
- • Growing membership in both NC-led networks, the Greenhouse Technology Network and the Southern Ontario Network for Advanced Manufacturing Innovation
- • A handful of impactful industry partnerships and success stories across all four Innovation Centre. A few examples below include:
- • Aeronautics company benefits from NC talent and tech with WAMIC
- • IZC, HESIC NC sign MOU formalizing a ‘magic partnership’ to help tackle food insecurity
- • A one-of-a-kind partnership with FBIC results in a one-of-a-kind gluten-free organic quinoa beer
- • Well-known Niagara business taps into BCIC’s resources for marketing expertise
With all this said, please enjoy the December newsletter, then take a moment to look back on an inspiring 2023. [View past newsletters here]
As always, project intake is ongoing with funding available to help make these services accessible to small business, covering a portion of the cost of a total project.
For research and development partnerships, contact David DiPietro, Manager, Business Development, at [email protected] or by calling 905-641-2252, ext. 7056.